The Sudbury Town Team is dedicated to maintaining and enhancing the quality, viability, heritage and night time economy of the town centre. It is an independent non-political voluntary group representing the interests of local businesses and is supported by Babergh District Council, Sudbury Town Council and Sudbury Chamber of Commerce.
In 2015 the Town Team put on the third Taste of Sudbury Food & Drink Festival. This and similar, events are a proven way to attract additional visitors to the town centre not only on the day of the event but bringing visitors back in the future, once they have seen what the town has to offer. The Town Team also helped organise a music event, with the town’s independent record store, Compact Music, on Record Store Day. This included the launch of a debut album by Fiona Bevan –Talk to Strangers – highlighting local talent. The Town Team assist other promotional activities supporting the wide range of events which Sudbury already has to offer, including a monthly article in the Mercury and newsletters promoting 'Whats on in Sudbury'. The Town Team will continue to promote Sudbury with other initiatives such as I Love My Local Market Towns Bag and Christmas Shop Local Campaigns in local newspapers, magazines and Suffolk Radio. Working with businesses and voluntary groups to build community and encourage younger people to get involved with their town to support a viable future for the town in years ahead.
'I love my Market Town' bags now on sale at various shops in and around Sudbury as listed below for £2.50.
- Waitrose, Station Road, Sudbury
- Winch & Blatch Department Store, 29 Market Hill, Sudbury
- North Street Photography, 3 North Street, Sudbury
- Ipswich Building Society, 10 Market Hill, Sudbury
- Barrett Lee Garage, Byford Road, Sudbury
- Coversure Insurance Brokers, 58 Station Road, Sudbury
- Wheldons Farm Shop, Newton Leys, Sudbury
- WE Provisions, stall on the Sudbury Market every Thursday and Saturday
- Sainsbury's, Cornard Road, Sudbury
- Health Foods for You, 11a Friars Street, Sudbury
- Sudbury Tourist Information Centre, Library, Market Hill, Sudbury